Investigation Team: Dave Miller, Rosie Miller Date: July 30, 2020
This roadside attraction on East Court Street is as cracked up as it’s supposed to be. Poured in 1891 by George Bartholomew to last five years, it is still holding up but has a few cracks in it. America’s first concrete streets were located around the Logan County Courthouse (built in 1890) where horses were hitched. A statue of Bartholomew overlooks the street. Real treasures discovered next door to the famous road were delicious homemade cookies at Sweet Aromas Shop and, as Rosie describes, the best ever custard ice cream cone at Whitt’s Custard Shop.